Last Updated: 28-01-2021
1. Who we are
- Our website address is: https://ilkor-pbm.com.
2. General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- We are a Data Controller of your information.
- Gad Games needs to perform a contract with you
- You have given Gad Games permission to do so
- Processing your personal information is in Gad Games legitimate interests
- Gad Games needs to comply with the law
- If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed what Personal Information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
- In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification.
- The right to object.
- The right of restriction.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to withdraw consent.
3. Log Files
Ilkor: Dark Rising follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
4. Cookies and Web Beacons
- Like any other website, Ilkor: Dark Rising uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
- For more general information on cookies, please read “What Are Cookies”.
5. Privacy Policies
- Note that Ilkor: Dark Rising has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
6. Third Party Privacy Policies
- You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
7. Children’s Information
- Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
- Ilkor: Dark Rising does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
10. What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
The Website does not make use of contact forms.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your character name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
- Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
The Website currently does not make use of any analytics.
11. Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
12. How long we retain your data
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- For Adventurers that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their Adventurer profile. All Adventurers can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their ‘Character Name’). GameMasters can also see and edit that information.
13. What rights you have over your data
If you have a character on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
14. Where we send your data
Ilkor: Dark Rising does not share any personal or character data with anyone.
15. Contact information
Should players have any privacy-specific concerns they should contact Sean Cleworth via the firstname.lastname@example.org email address. There are also various contact channels that are made available too.
16. Additional information
This site is not used for any commercial purposes. It is a free service to players that want to be part of Ilkor: Dark Rising. There is no catch, no fee, no adverts, just a requirement to have fun and be part of the game.
17. How we protect your data
Player’s data is very important to us. Although we record very little actual data on the player (only name, email address and optional phone number) we still do our utmost to protect your data. The majority of data is related to a player’s character and while important is totally fictitious.
The website running over SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) and there all requests and responses are encrypted.
Players are required to login using their character name or email address and their own personal password which is only known to the individual.
All off-line data that is stored in PDFs are password protected too.
All GameMasters are required to use two factor authentication when logging into their account.
18. What data breach procedures we have in place
On the very unlikely account that a data breach occurs we will immediately contact all players via email and the WhatsApp GM Announcement channels. All players will be requested to change their passwords.
19. What third parties we receive data from
We do not receive data about players from third parties, including advertisers, company partnerships and the like. Currently we do not deal with any third parties at all, nor do we accept advertising on the website.
20. What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with Adventurer data
We do not make use of this type of practice. Remember this is just a game we are offering to play for fun and free.
21. Industry regulatory disclosure requirements
There are no known regulatory requirements that we need to adhere to in the PBM industry. If there are then we will certainly list the requirements here.